As Father’s Day rolls around, we’re left with coming up with unique and meaningful ways to celebrate our dads. This year may look a little different with some restrictions still in place.
Here are some great ways to celebrate your dad and dad-like figures:
- Spend time together – When asked, most dads said they just wanted to spend time together. So block off some time in your calendar for a visit. Sometimes quality time is the best way to celebrate.
- Write a sweet message in his card – Dads are known for strength and toughness. But a sweet message written in his card might be a great way for you to let you know how much you cherish him.
- Host a family lawn games tournament – With the Olympics being delayed to this year, hosting your own family version is a good way to get the family together. We suggest including games like golf, horseshoes and outdoor Jenga! Here’s a list of other great outdoor games you and Dad might like to play.
- Give selfcare! Dad rarely takes time for himself. Give him the gift of self care. We suggest gifting him our For Him Gift Set which contains our Coffee Body Scrub and Beard and Hair Oil.
- Serve Dad an excellent brunch! Know what his favourite foods are? Prepare him an awesome brunch. Not sure what his favourite brunch foods are? Ask him.
- Host a family games night. Most dads love playing games with their kids. So host a family games night. If board games aren’t Dad’s thing, we suggest cards.
- Live near water? We suggest a day of fishing or boating to help celebrate Dad. Take his mind off his regular routine with a boating or fishing adventure. Plus you get to spend time with your Dad – something he wants.
- Take Dad golfing. Most dads love golfing. With golf courses open in Ontario, a great way to spend quality time with Dad is on the links.
- Fire up the barbecue for a great meal with Dad. A great way to celebrate Dad is to cook his favourite meal on the barbecue. Don’t forget the drinks or a special dessert.
- Host an outdoor movie. Dads love movies. Host an outdoor movie in your or Dad’s backyard by showing one of his favourite movies.
With these 10 suggestions on how to cherish and celebrate Dad, he is sure to be pleased with spending quality time with you. After all, that’s what he said he’d like this year.