As we move towards winter and the cold season, our bathing habits are changing. Instead of focusing on speed, we’ve begun to soak in the bathtub. Long, luxurious soaks in our bathtub, complete with a good book, a glass of wine and a rubber duck. The glass of wine and rubber duck are optional, but recommended.
With the cooler weather approaching, our self care habits have shifted. Instead of showering quickly to rid ourselves of dirt, we’ve been sinking into a bathtub full of hot water, with a good book and a glass of wine. It’s an incredible feeling – to find yourself with 20 minutes of alone time, a tub full of hot water and a good book.
Here’s what our ideal self care bath time routine looks like:
- Fill the tub with hot water, adding Goat’s Milk Bath to the water. Goat’s Milk Bath is an excellent all natural moisturizer – full of protein and triglycerides that help restore moisture to your skin. While the packaging recommends spending 15-20 minutes in the bathtub, we won’t tell if you soak for longer.
- After climbing out of the tub, towel dry, being careful around problem areas or sensitive skin like your face.
- We recommend applying a thin layer of Body Oil, Body Butter or our Hand & Body Lotion to seal in the moisture. With a light application of either product, you’ll feel moisturized, refreshed and ready to take on whatever comes your way.
- We recommend a quick application of our Face & Eye Cream to ensure your face has the same thorough, self care experience as your body.
- Looking for a slightly different post-bath experience? Give our Body Powder a try – you’ll be treated to a lift scent of lavender with a soothing application. You’ll feel like a new person.
While we didn’t include our Coffee Body Scrub or our Salt Body Scrub, you can easily add either of these products into your bathing routine. They provide an excellent scrubbing experience without drying, irritating or agitating your skin. Both products help exfoliate dry skin, replacing it with moisturized skin.
Each of our products is crafted exclusively for Belvedere Lavender and made with our locally grown English lavender. We’re an independent, family run business that you can feel good about supporting.
We’d love to hear about your bath time routine. What’s your bath time routine like? How do you practice self care in the bathtub?